The high-capacity Blackline F15 is a high-efficiency, wide-range system in an incredibly compact and effective package. Expanded frequency response is provided by a 15″ (380mm) low-frequency driver combined with a 1.4″ (35mm) exit compression driver mounted on a rotatable 80º x 50º constant directivity high-frequency horn. The F15 is ideal for higher-capacity applications where ease of installation or speed of deployment are significant factors. The Blackline F15’s multi-angle birch ply cabinet allows it to be used as a high-capacity floor monitor. This user-friendly design and its rotatable high-frequency horn make near-ceiling mounting and aiming effortless in venues with limited heights. Its twelve M8 inserts allow for various mounting options, including horizontal or vertical placement.
The F15 is equipped with a top hat fitting for tripod mounting. This fitting can also serve as a pole socket when the F15 is used with, for example, a Blackline S18 subwoofer. A Martin Audio M3 Electronic Controller is available to offer F15/subwoofer crossover and limiter capabilities. Refer to the M3 Electronic Controller Technical Specifications for suitable M3 Controller Cards.
Architectural and engineering specifications
The speaker system must be of the two-way passive type comprising one 15″ (380mm) direct radiating reflex loaded low-frequency transducer and one 1.4″ (35mm) exit high-frequency compression driver installed on a user-rotatable constant directivity horn in a multi-angled enclosure. The enclosure must be constructed with multiple layers of birch ply and include an integral pole mount and threaded inserts for wall and ceiling mounting. The low and high-frequency sections should be integrated through an internal 1.2kHz passive crossover network.
The performance of the speaker system with its electronic controller must meet or exceed the following specifications:
– The frequency response measured 1 meter on the axis should range from 55Hz to 18kHz with a tolerance of ±3dB.
– The high-frequency dispersion at -6dB points must cover an angle of 80˚H x 50˚V.
– The power handling capacity should be 400W AES, with a peak power of 1600W.
– The rated impedance should be 8 ohms.
– The maximum sound pressure level measured at 1 meter on the axis should reach 123dB continuously and 129dB at peak levels.
– The dimensions of the speaker system should be (W) 471mm x (H) 690mm x (D) 443mm (18.5ins x 27.2ins x 17.5ins).
– The weight of the system should be 32.5kg (71.5 lbs).